Wrap Up Post: February 2015 (I know it's March already, but shhhh)

Revival - Stephen King A Red Herring Without Mustard - Alan Bradley Martian Invaders Meet Mom - Alan Lickiss Lumberjanes Volume 1 -  Noelle Stevenson, Grace Ellis Doctored Evidence - Donna Leon A Fatal Grace - Louise Penny Chew, Vol. 1: Taster's Choice - Rob Guillory, John Layman

I haven't been very active here lately, but I'm doing my best to catch up! I know I'm late with this wrap up, but since I hadn't have time to review every book I read last month (even considering how short my reviews are!), I wanted to at least give them a small shout-out here, since they've given me so much joy :)

My favorites this month were   and , and I intend to continue reading both series!

Revival - Stephen King ~~ 3 out of 5 stars. Although I liked the book, I only got to be really interested in it by the time I reached 70%. The problem was that it all seemed to be building up to something incredible and, at least for me, it didn't quite get there. I still enjoyed King's ability to walk you through the entire life of an individual without you even realizing it and also, the way the book treats the issue of believing and not believing in a higher deity.

A Red Herring Without Mustard - Alan Bradley (Flavia de Luce Series #3) ~~ 3.5 out of 5 stars. Quick review HERE

Martian Invaders Meet Mom - Alan Lickiss ~~ 2 out of 5 stars. I had higher expectations for this Amazon freebie, but it fell short. Hard to believe aliens with such high technology and development would be so stupid. I did enjoy the funny alien names, though.

Lumberjanes Volume 1 - Grace Ellis, Noelle Stevenson ~~ 5 out of 5 stars. I LOVED this one. My quick review HERE

Doctored Evidence - Donna Leon (Comissario Brunetti #13) ~~ 4 out of 5 stars. It's always a pleasure reading Brunetti, his family, Vianello and Signorina Elettra. In this book they have to join forces in order to discover the real killer in the latest case. A mean, bad tempered old woman is found dead in her apartment and everybody assumes her killer was her abused Romanian housekeeper, who finally had enough. A week later a woman appears, giving the housekeeper and alibi, but Brunetti is the only one who believes her so he must start an investigation without his superiors knowing about it.

A Fatal Grace - Louise Penny (Chief Inspector Gamache #2) ~~ 5 out of 5 stars. I seem to like Gamache's books more and more! This time he has to go back to Three Pines because a very unpleasant newcomer has just been electrocuted. We meet new characters, we get to know the old ones a bit better, and we slowly start realizing that murder is not the only dangerous thing in Gamache's life. Someone very close to him is out there to get him.

Chew, Vol. 1: Taster's Choice - John Layman,Rob Guillory  ~~ 4 out of 5 stars. A cibopath detective, I don't know how people come up with these things! Tony Chu is a cibopath, which means he gets psychic impressions from whatever he eats. WHATEVER he eats. Yup, that includes decomposing human cadavers. This was so yuck and yet so good. I had a great time reading it and I loved the concept behind it. Besides, as you read you'll realize Tony is not nearly the only weird guy in the story and pretty soon things get even more complicated. Highly recommended, although preferably not while you're eating.

So that's it! I hope some of you find this helpful!

I also opened an Instagram account, so look me up if you're there, too!