Wrap Up Post: March 2015

I Am Half-Sick of Shadows - Alan Bradley The Cruellest Month - Louise Penny Chew, Vol. 2: International Flavor - Rob Guillory, John Layman Speaking from Among the Bones - Alan Bradley Chew, Vol. 3: Just Desserts - Rob Guillory, John Layman

Hello!! I've been away lately because I've been very busy studying and I'm going to be even busier in the next few months since I have a huge exam coming, but still, here is my March Wrap Up Post!

My favorites this month were   and   , both great installments of some of my favorite series.

I Am Half-Sick of Shadows - Alan Bradley (Flavia de Luce Series #4) ~~ 4 out of 5 stars. In this fourth installment of the Flavia de Luce's Mysteries, Flavia's father accepts to have a Film crew making a movie at the mansion in order to be able to pay some debts. Of course, in a matter of days, Flavia manages to be involved in an accident, a murder and a murder attempt.

Speaking from Among the Bones - Alan Bradley (Flavia de Luce Series #5) ~~ 5 out of 5 stars. So far, my favorite in the series!!! I was going to give it 4 stars, but the ending changed everything. While trying to sneak into the opening of the town's Patron, Saint Tancred, Flavia finds instead the dead body of the church's organist, Mr. Collicott. Obviously, she immediately starts investigating, but will soon find out there is more than one independent investigator in that small town.

Chew, Vol. 2: International Flavor - John Layman,Rob Guillory ~~ 3.5 out of 5 stars. This one felt like a prelude to something bigger. It was good, but nothing special. The chicken investigation takes Chu on a trip to a mysterious island where there is a fruit that tastes *just* like chicken. Unfortunately, that's not the only thing he finds there. Also, we get to see how committed his partner is.

Chew, Vol. 3: Just Desserts - John Layman,Rob Guillory ~~ 4 out of 5 stars. Now this one was way better! A complicated investigation, a great partner, a very dangerous ex-partner, dead bodies turning up everywhere and the hardest part: trying to have a first date with the girl he likes. Great!

The Cruellest Month - Louise Penny (Chief Inspector Gamache #3) ~~ 5 out of 5 stars. I just LOVE this series. This book had a great mystery, but the best thing happened outside the murder investigation. I loved how this installment both closed something big and opened something huge. What an ending!!! And all in the lovely village of Three Pines.

So that was my month in reading!

I'm currently reading A Dance With Dragons (the fifth book in the A Song of Ice and Fire series. THAT'S going to take a while, because it's HUGE!), Chew Vol. 4 and The Strain (The Strain Trilogy #1), by Guillermo del Toro and Chuck Hogan.

How was your month?