April and May 2015 Wrap-Up Post

Chew, Vol. 4: Flambé - John Layman Chew, Vol. 5: Major League - John Layman, Rob Guillory Chew, Vol. 6: Space Cakes - John Layman, Rob Guillory The Strain - Guillermo del Toro, Chuck Hogan Dear Mr. Henshaw - Paul O. Zelinsky, Beverly Cleary Danny The Champion Of The World - Roald Dahl

So April and May have been my worst reading months in YEARS! I'm soon to take a huge exam and I truly don't have time for anything else. I'm so tired that when I'm not studying, I don't even feel like reading, which is completely new for me lol. It's like my eyes don't want to move anymore, so I just end up watching some shows on Netflix. It looks like it's going to be like this for another couple of months, but I'll try to read a little bit more in June because I miss it too much!

If you have Instagram, follow me there! I follow back!

So here's my mini wrap-up post for April and May:

Chew Vol. 4, 5 and 6 (4 out of 5 stars each): I really like this Graphic Novel, and it keeps getting more interesting. Warning: you may cry at the end of volume 6. Other than that, I really recommend it!

The Strain - Guillermo del Toro and Chuck Hogan (3 out of 5 stars). This book was such a dissapointment. The beggining was PERFECT. I was in the safety of my library and I was petrified with that fist scene where they approach the dark airplane. The first chapters were great, and then... every chapter was a repetition. We read about every single transformation. In detail. The characters were a bit cliche, but I didn't mind that as much as I minded that the whole book seems like an introduction to something else, and not a stand alone book of more than 400 pages. I did like the idea behind the book so I'll check the tv series, but I don't think I'll be reading the rest of the series.

Dear Mr. Henshaw - Beberly Cleary (4 out of 5 stars). This was my first book by this author and I really liked it. Leigh was adorable, I just wanted to hug him and tell him it was all going to be alright. My respects to Mr. Henshaw because I don't think I'd keep writting Leigh back lol

Danny the Champion of the World - Roald Dahl (5 out of 5 stars). I can't help it. So far, I've loved every book written by Dahl. I SO wish I had a father like Danny's! I had such a great time "watching" them both interact every day, I didn't want to finish the book. I'll probably re-read it soon :)

I'm currently reading:

- Chew Vol. 7: Bad Apples

- Player Piano by Kurt Vonnegut (I started it today!)

- A Dance with Dragons --> It has taken me FOREVER to finish this one!! I'm on 71% so I will definitively finish it this month!

That's it! Let's hope June is way better!