As Chimney Sweepers Come to Dust (Flavia de Luce #07) - Alan Bradley, read by Jayne Entwistle

As Chimney Sweepers Come to Dust: Flavia de Luce, Book 7 - Alan Bradley, Jayne Entwistle

"Banished!"

After Flavia is sent to Miss Bodycote’s Female Academy in Toronto to put some order in her life and to complete her informal studies, she is forced to face the outside world (even if it's just inside a school) for the first time without her family, her beloved Dogger, and her trustworthy bike Gloria. Although she was expecting everything to be different from home, the very first night she spends at the school, a dead body falls from the chimney and, of course, she just *has* to investigate :)

I really liked this story and I admired the author for taking a risk in removing his main character from the environment we all loved and know and write a story in a whole different setting, while still keeping the essence of the book intact. I didn't give this book 5 stars because even though this series always requires a certain level or credulity from the reader, there were things that seemed too far-fetched for my taste. Still, a great story and of course I'll continue reading this series!

Four stars!!