Fangirl - Rainbow Rowell

Fangirl - Rainbow Rowell

What's it about? Cath is a girl whose life revolves around Simon Snow, the world-wide literary phenomenon. She is not only a fan, she also happens to write a very popular fan fic with her favorite characters. Cath owns the books, the posters, the movies, and she and her twin sister, Wren, spend most of their time talking about Simon.

This book starts when Cath and her sister go to college, but for the first time in their lives, Wren does not want to share a room with Cath, doesn't want to have anything to do with Simon Snow, and mostly, she just wants to distance herself from her sister in order to meet new people, which is precisely what Cath does NOT want to do.

In college, she'll have to share a room with another girl, Reagan, her very charming and always present boyfriend, Levi, and try to live her life in college completely out of her comfort zone, without her sister, worried about her dad being all alone back home, and wondering if she can really write her own stories, leaving behind her beloved Simon.

My take: This was a very nice, easy to read book, with an interesting story that goes beyond "life in college". It deals with a lot of family issues, dreams and insecurities and that weird thing that is growing up and trying to find your own identity. I didn't think it was the best book in the world, but it was adorable, I laughed quite a lot, and I'd love to read more from this author :)