Someday, Someday, Maybe - Lauren Graham

Someday, Someday, Maybe - Lauren Graham

Franny Banks is an actress who is six months away from her self-imposed three year deadline to become a real actress with a real acting job in New York city. Unfortunately, things are not going too well, so she'll have to make the best of the time she has left and decide what she wants to do about her career and about her life.

I picked up this book because it was one of the candidates in the Goodreads Awards 2013 and also because it was written by Lauren Graham, the actress from Gilmore Girls. It was a really fast read with a very likeable and relatable main character. Franny and her friends Jen and Dan have a great dynamic that almost make you want to share the apartment with them, just to see them interact with each other everyday.

I also enjoyed having a little bit of insight of the world of auditions, agents and actors, because we've all heard how hard it is to "make it" in the acting world, but we never get to see the everyday part of it.

I had fun reading this book and I would love to read more from this author in the future. Three stars!